The American Society of Plastic Surgeons* (ASPS*) maintains this website to provide information of a general nature about the specialty of plastic surgery. Additionally, any instrumentation shown on the site may or may not have received FDA approval. Any information in the publications, messages, postings, articles, online courses on the website should not be considered a substitute for consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to address individual medical needs. Your particular facts and circumstances will determine the plastic surgery treatment which is most appropriate for you.
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, you expressly understand and agree that:
- ASPS shall have no liability or responsibility for any actions or omissions by you, whether or not such actions or omissions were facilitated by this website.
- Your use of this website is at your sole risk. This website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. ASPS and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for, and hereby waive, any and all claims and causes of action with respect to any damage to you or your property, computer system, Internet access, download or display device, or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability:
The following indemnifications are assumed by users who choose to enter and utilize materials on the PSEN site:
- You expressly understand and agree that ASPS and its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, directors, partners and licensors shall not be liable to you for any punitive, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if ASPS has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use this website; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on this website; or (iv) any other matter relating to this website.
Intellectual Property Notice:
All materials published on the website (including but not limited to articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips) are protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by ASPS or the party credited as the provider of the material.
The entire contents of the website are also copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws, and the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content are protected by copyright. You shall abide by all copyright notices and other restrictions contained in any material accessed through the website.
No material from the website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer (or other electronic device) for your personal, noncommercial use, and may print one hard copy of the material on the website for your personal, noncommercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or printing copyrighted material. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, noncommercial use is a violation of the respective owners' copyrights and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to ASPS or the other designated owner of a posted mark. Elements of the website are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
The ASPS does not collect personally identifiable information regarding the users of its website - including e-mail addresses - without asking the user. In some instances, ASPS may request that users voluntarily supply information, including e-mail address, street address, telephone number or other information, to allow the society to personalize and enhance a users' website visit or to provide the opportunity for follow up after the website visit. Whether users provide information is entirely voluntary. You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this website. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors under 18 years of age.
- Use of Information Provided: If you voluntarily provide information, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information by ASPS. However, ASPS does not sell or rent personal information collected through this site to anyone. ASPS may provide aggregate statistics about website visitors, such as volume, traffic patterns, referral sources and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information about the users. ASPS may also disclose information in special cases when it has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
(b) protect and defend our rights or property;
(d) act to protect the interests of our users or others.
Occasionally, ASPS may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose such information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. ASPS reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful. If you have voluntarily provided personally identifiable information, ASPS may, from time to time, send mail or e-mail to you regarding products and services. If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can easily indicate that by checking the appropriate box on the submission form.
- Regarding Cookies: ASPS may utilize a standard Internet technology called "cookies" to collect information about how the society's website is accessed and utilized. Cookies can allow a website operator to determine that a user visited the site in the past and thus save and remember preferences that the user may have set while browsing the site. Cookies do not allow the website to retrieve any other data from your hard drive or obtain your e-mail address. ASPS may also make use of memory-based cookies in support of authenticating the user of certain ASPS web applications. While users maintain the ability to modify browser settings to either accept all cookies, notify you when a cookie is sent, or reject all cookies, it may not be possible to utilize certain ASPS services which require registration if the browser is set to reject cookies.
- Other Sites: This website contains links to other sites. While ASPS strives to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, the society is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Online Education Department of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) via Phone: 1-800-766-4955 or e-mail: email@example.com.
* “American Society of Plastic Surgeons” and “ASPS” are registered trademarks of American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a not-for-profit Corporation.